Tuesday, January 23, 2007

AAR, Hydran vrs Lyran, Tournament Game

So it was Hydran vrs Lyran, always a nasty match. T1 i went speed 14 all turn, he did a 28\20\28 thing.
Basically we closed to R8, i had launched fighters on imp2 and due to fun speed tricks they were 2 ahead of me, R6 to him. I had a 4 point brick on the nose, but due to the situation i had just turned from D to C so he would hit my #2. He raised both ESG's as R0, 5 energy, 20 strength each as hellbore shielding. He fired 2 ol at me, and 1 ph-1 at each stinger. He hit me with one OL, 6 damage to my #2. His phasers were bad and it was R6. He did 2 to one stinger, and 0 to the other. The following imp. He fired another ph-1 at each stinger doing 2 to each. On imp 28, i sped up to 28 with 2 reserve warp to keep up with him. He turned to B so i was facing my #1 to his #5. On imp 30 i tractored my fighters so they could maintain range 3 to him and dropped trac the next imp to prevent death dragging if he shot. I fired fighter fusions (4 of them) and both fighter gatts, along with my 4 FA arc ph-1's. I net 31 damage to his #5, doing 6 internals. Of these 6 i killed 2 control spaces, 1 hull, an ESG and both Ph-3s. Imp. 32 i followed up with my remaining 360 ph-1 doing another 3, killing a hull, a flag bridge, and a phaser.
Turn 2 i am starting at R3, ship fusions armed, bores armed, gatt's can fire. I decide to try to catch him before he turns his sheild away. His remaining ESG is still up. I overload one hellbore, hold fusions, recharge phasers, charge 1 battery and do a 28\15 split for 19 moves. He goes speed 20 all turn. Imp. 1 i fire a standard bore 1st option, and an OL bore 2nd option. The standard auto hits for 15, reducing his ESG to 5. The Ol autohits the remaining 5 and does 17 after reducing ESG to 0. This does 9 internals and 8 around. I kill the remaining ESG, some phasers and some power\fluff. On imp. 2 we both move. I expect him to turn but he doesn't. I slip left and get range 2 on his down shield. I fire 4 standard fusions, and both gatts on my ship. I roll kinda poorly on fusions but do really well on the gatt's netting 42 more internals. This kills his hull, about half his power, all facing phasers. He concedes here as i have energy for a trac, i will catch him even if he HET's, I have 2 SS shuttles, and he can't kill the fighters. The only damage i took all game was the 6 to shield #2.

No comments: